"It is...Our will that Catholics should abstain from certain appellations which have recently been brought into use to distinguish one group of Catholics from another. They are to be avoided not only as 'profane novelties of words,' out of harmony with both truth and justice, but also because they give rise to great trouble and confusion among Catholics. Such is the nature of Catholicism that it does not admit of more or less, but must be held as a whole or as a whole rejected: 'This is the Catholic faith, which unless a man believe faithfully and firmly; he cannot be saved' (Athanasian Creed). There is no need of adding any qualifying terms to the profession of Catholicism: it is quite enough for each one to proclaim 'Christian is my name and Catholic my surname,' only let him endeavour to be in reality what he calls himself." -- Pope Benedict XV, Ad Beatissimi Apostolorum 24 (1914)

Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Mega-Photopost: Assumption Day 2011 at Assumption Grotto in Detroit



In this post, I am sharing about 50 of the nearly 200 photos taken. At the bottom is a link to my Smugmug page with the full set of photos.

I have opened the photos up for purchase online through Smugmug, which offers a very good online service. I have a modest markup added to the price and anything received from this will go towards my expenses to maintain that site, which is not free, purchase of additional lenses or replacement parts and equpiment maintenance. I do not recommend going beyond 8 x 10 and when you do choose 5 x 7 or 8 x 10, you will want to note how the photo will be cropped. I believe you have some flexibility here. Most pictures are set for 4 x 6 and some are cropped to other sizes.

Bloggers are free to use some pics on their sites. I ask for a courtesy link back to this post (you can click the title or the timestamp at the bottom for the url).
http://te-deum.blogspot.com/2011/08/mega-photopost-assumption-day-2011-at.html

No comments:

Post a Comment