1. We are your friends, not your enemies.
"See that you all follow the bishop, even as Jesus Christ does the Father...Let no man do anything connected with the Church without the bishop." (Epistle to the Smyrnaeans, 8)
2. We don't all blog about news, journalism, and politics.
3. Blogs are just one piece of Catholic new media.
4. Some of you are some of us.
“Don’t be afraid of it. It’s not difficult to get started and there are plenty of people who would be willing to show you how. Once you begin to use it, allow yourself to be authentic. Speak words of encouragement and words of faith that will help build [people] up, just like we [bishops] do wherever we go.”
5. Digital imprimaturs are not a good idea.
I don't think so. I’m convinced it's a bad idea for three main reasons:
6. Blogging is crucial to the mission ad gentes and the New Evangelization.
7. We'd love to help you.
I don’t pretend to speak for all Catholic bloggers, which is why I'm inviting others to share their own thoughts here in the comment box. I’m sure this weekend’s meeting will unveil other insights too, so stay tuned!