4. Back to Twitter, why would the Basilians celebrate the secular "Valentine's Day" and not the feast of St. Valentine? Is it because that feast was removed from the Novus Ordo Calendar? It's still in the Usus Antiquior, in case you were wondering.
8. As C.E.O. of the television broadcaster, Salt & Light, should Rev.Rosica insult fellow Catholics in this manner?
"Do some Catholics complain of their proverbial dirty linen being aired in public?
“Oh, yeah, all the time,” Rosica said. “There’s a certain form of Taliban Catholicism out there right now that would like to dictate everything and, really, it doesn’t speak to the future.
“We uphold the teachings of the Roman Catholic Church and respectfully differ with those who do not share our views.”
For example, in the pro-life controversy that swirled around U.S. Sen. Edward Kennedy’s funeral in 2009, Rosica said Salt + Light refused to allow the network to be “manipulated and hijacked by a radical fringe of people who asked that we join in and lead the condemnation of the cardinal of Boston for hosting Kennedy’s funeral in a Catholic Church.
“There are many people who claim to be Catholic and faithful to Christ and the Church,” Rosica said. “They know little of Christian behaviour.”"
9. Isn't it hypocritical to sue someone for expressing their opinion after you describe those who wish to dictate everything "Taliban Catholics"?
10. Isn't it hypocritical to accuse others of knowing little of Christian behaviour and then sue a fellow Christian? St. Paul told us not to sue one another (1 Corinthians 6).
11. As C.E.O. of the television broadcaster,Salt & Light, did Rev. Rosica approve of this message?
Salt and Light TV slams Cardinal Burke as being in an ‘Ivory Tower’
12. And finally, does Pope Francis, the pope of the poor, pope of mercy, "Who am I to judge?" aware of his spokesman threatening financial ruin against a Catholic who serves the Church in many ways?
The Apostolic Palace, 00120 Vatican City, Europe
Chancery Office, 1155 Yonge Street, Toronto, ON M4T 1W2, Canada
Fr George Terence Smith, CSB
Congregation of St. Basil
95 St. Joseph Street, Toronto, ON M5S 3C2, Canada