Remember the 'Mags The Barefoot Singer In A Catholic Church' scandal from 2013? She recorded a jazz video in a local Catholic church without permission of the pastor and with the Blessed Sacrament in the Tabernacle. Well, it seems some people just don't know when to leave it alone.
Dave Wang (Facebook)
February 19 at 6:53am ·
This the Dave Domet, the blogger who attacked Mags for "foot porn". It seems that he is now being sued by the Vatican. I can't say I am sympathetic when he plays the poor victim here when he has done huge damage to Mags' music career
Just to be clear. I am not enthused about the Vatican suing a blogger but just want to point out that this blogger has caused damage to others. Mags' fabulous story from Rome Reports was removed because of this individual. I think it is so ironic that he now plays the victim
Who's playing the victim?
Dave is Maggie Wang's father. He is commenting on Rev.Rosica, C.S.B.'s lawsuit threat against David Domet, the author of Vox Cantoris blog. 'My Piano' video was reported on this and Vox blog among others.
Besides his own Facebook page, Dave Wang also made uncharitable David Domet comments on Michael Voris' page who broke the lawsuit threat story.
Unfortunately, Dave Wang's comments got so out of line that Voris took them down. Dave claimed the My Piano expose reported on Vox Cantoris caused damage to Mag's career. Dave Wang alluded to the launch of his own lawsuit against David Domet in retaliation. There are a few problems with these accusations.
1. First, the Vatican isn't suing David Domet, a priest of the Basilian order is.
2. Second, what career? Mags is a student who's singing 'career' is more of a hobby at this point. A singing career doesn't have to beg for money from friends. Mags certainly has the potential for a successful singing career though.
October 29, 2014 ·
Please help! We are barely at 13% for Mags' project and we are halfway through the campaign! If there is not enough interest, there will NOT be a DVD or a CD made for this project! We can't justify the extra cost if even our friends won't support the project.
3. If Rome Reports pulled a story about Mags that was their decision, not David Domet's. Perhaps their decision was based on the words and actions of Dave Wang? Perhaps they were upset about the My Piano video too?
4. By now, Dave Wang should be showing contrition, not furthering deceit. For his version of the story to be true the pastor and secretary of the church have to be lying. Somebody's definitely lying - breaking the Eighth Commandment.
5. Since it is obvious the Blessed Sacrament is in the Tabernacle, why did a practicing Catholic like Dave Wang allow the video production to continue? On Voris' Facebook page he claimed innocence and blamed the cameraman.
6. Dave Wang claims he had permission of Bishop Crosby for the video to be made inside a Catholic church even though it would break Canon Law. So that means he went to the bishop (not the pastor of the church whose job it is to know what's going on in his church), for permission and got it. It also assumes the bishop gave permission but neither he nor Dave Wang informed the pastor.
If Dave Wang or anyone else has information to the contrary please leave a comment or send an email and I will post it. Please be factual and refrain from logical fallacies, calumny, etc.
Dave Wang is also the frontman for the Christian Rock group (because some people think Christianity and Rock & Roll go together) named Critical Mass (get it...as in the Holy Sacrifice Of The Mass). Does Dave think this venture is a career too? Well, they did play the Elmira Maple Syrup Festival once.
Recently Mags has switched genres from Gospel to Jazz. This should come as no surprise since there's nothing religious about songs like My Piano. This switch should be a good thing for her as there's considerably more career prospects and success opportunities in the latter. From there it might not be a stretch to go into pop music where the real money can be found. Katy Perry went from Gospel to Pop and it's worked out well for her, for now at least.